What Is the Most Effective Method to Rank in Cities Where You Don’t Have an Address?
As a local business owner, you want to broaden your reach to neighboring cities by ranking high in search results. Even without a physical address in other cities or a GMB listing, you can accomplish that goal by carefully planning and executing city pages.
A city page has no business address in the city where you want to rank. However, with informative, relevant, and compelling pages, it is possible to generate more traffic and leads even without a brick and mortar address in surrounding areas.
If your company has just one location yet you serve customers in other communities, you have a business without a physical address but you offer a service to customers throughout the state, or you just want to rank in other cities where your company has no address, city pages work incredibly well.
The following are a few tips on how to effectively target surrounding cities where your company has no brick and mortar address.
- Title Tags – For each city page, include your business name, location, and a primary keyword in the title tag of between 50 and 60 characters.
- Meta Description – Include a meta description no longer than 160 characters as a way of providing a brief description of the products or services you offer.
- Page Name/URL – Use both the city name and the primary keyword for the page name and URL. Just keep it clean and simple, using only the target city.
- Headings – Optimize your page headings without keyword stuffing.
- Internal and External Links – Use logical internal linking on your website to connect internal pages to the cities deemed relevant. For external links, connect to the city in which you want to get organic rankings.
- Navigation – Incorporate your city pages in the site’s navigation. To target several nearby cities, add an “Areas We Serve” section either as a subpage under the “Contact Us” or as part of the primary navigation.
- Content – Make your city pages worth reading by including original, engaging, informative, and useful content.
By using city pages, your business can become more visible and, ultimately, more successful.